Countries decide on the type of entry of citizens of other countries based on their relations. Sometimes diplomatic relations are such that they strongly affect the type of entry and impose restrictions. The United States is one of these countries. In the following, we will explain more about Iran Visa for American passport holders.
As mentioned, the United States is one of the countries affected by diplomatic relations. Citizens of this country face restrictions to enter Iran and the conditions for obtaining Iran visa are not easy comparing to other countries; So it is necessary to comply with a series of requirements. Before stating the required documents, a few points are important to mention:
- Acting through a travel agency in Iran
- Specify the exact itinerary
- Crossing the routes specified and mentioned in the itinerary, therefore, will not be allowed to cross the forbidden routes.
- Announce the exact date of arrival and date of departure
- Have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity
- Provide full-face personal photos based on the requirements set by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Click here.
- Scan ID card
- Have a specific academic and work resume
- Book hotels that intend to stay in those cities
- Complete the Iran visa form accurately
Requirements of Iran visa for American passport holders
The documents required to obtain an Iranian visa for American citizens are as follows:
- Provide a scan of the first page of the passport. Read about the standards of Passport photo here.
- Provide a scan of the applicant’s personal photo. Read about the standards of Personal photo here.
- Personal and educational background of the applicant
- Provide a scan of the identity card and national card
- Submit completed visa application forms
- Provide the profile of the invitee (if there is any)
Extending Iran visa for American citizens
Iranian visas for Americans are renewed by the Foreigners Police Office, and travel agencies or travel agencies cannot apply for a visa extension. It should be noted that in order to extend the visa, the host must be present at the police station. The passport of the person who has invited the American citizen is also required. Of course, the process of renewing a tourist visa is not very simple, It is even possible to refuse a person’s application for a tourist visa extension.
Iran visa fee for American citizens
If you have already checked the last update of Iran visa fees, you know that you must pay at least 80 USD for visa stamp. Extra charges is for visa services and insurance.
If you are in rush, the embassy will charge you 50% of total price.
Where to get Iran visa for American citizens?
Like the embassy of Iran in Canada which has been left abandoned, you cannot collect your visa from the iranian embassy. So, after completing the documents and issuing the visa, you can only obtain it through the Iranian Interests Section at the Embassy of Pakistan in Washington, DC.
the Iranian Interests Section at the Embassy of Pakistan in Washington, DC
3517 International Ct NW, Washington, DC 20008, United States
Read more about here:
Few points about visa collection
Before receiving an Iranian visa by American citizens, it is better to pay attention to the points provided in this section:
- The most important thing about obtaining an Iranian visa is to ensure that the documents are complete and without defects, because if you have defects in your documents, the visa process will be difficult.
- Try to arrive at the embassy on time for the interview.
- If the applicant is under 18 years old, he / she must submit a consent from his / her parents to the Iranian Embassy.