Iran Eco Tours
Willing to get in touch with nature and people, eco travelers are in search of what is easily found in Iran. From the most brilliant lakes, protected areas and mountain to the various ethnic groups with their own culture.
Due to a very diverse natural setting, Iran offers a lively and interesting environment to the nature lovers. The nature setting varies from north to south. It embraces temperate forests in the north with relatively high humidity and rainfall, deserts and salt lakes in the central parts, towering mountain ranges and picks, as well as glaciers and coastal areas.
You can enjoy 4 seasons’ weather in one day all year round in Iran. From high and snow-capped mountains like majestic mount Damavand, large lakes and rivers, stunning jungles and grasslands in the north to hot and dry lands in the Lout desert and tropical weather in the coast of Persian Gulf there is the possibility of enjoying different weather diversity all year round.
Iran natural wonders
Some of the natural wonders of Iran are:
- Caspian Sea, the largest inland water in the world with an area of approximately 371,000 km.
- Mount Damavand, the highest mountain in the Middle East.
- The Turkmen Plains or the Torkaman Sahra, an untouched green hills with a great landscape
- Dasht-e Lut, one of the two main Iran deserts with a record of the hottest spot in the world, 70.7 degrees.
- Salt Plains, Dasht-e Kavir, the Salt Lake tells you a tale of wetter time.
- Masal Forest, a wonder for those travelers who taught that Iran is nothing more than deserts.
- Badab-e Surt, a golden, orange, and red stepped terraces of sedimentary rock, formed by deposits of minerals carried from nearby hot springs
- Maharloo, the pink salty lake of south
As you see above, most of the Iran natural attractions are located in central and north of Iran. Ignoring the north spots, you can easily combine cultural attractions and natural wonders at once. But if you are a professional athlete or nature lover, don’t miss the absolute wonders of the north which is less frequented by common Iran travelers.
Iran Eco tours
Common Iran Eco-tours are:
- Rig-e Jenn tour: Traveling along the south toward Dasht-e Kavir to visit the fascinating geological texture of Rig-e Jenn desert. Days of hours stargazing, trekking on dunes and exploring inhabitant places await you.
- Desert tour of Maranjab: Another well-known Iran desert, Maranjab desert attract people from all over the world with the promise of adventure and outdoor activities. This tour satisfies all your expectations for desert.
- Damavand tour: Major Iran mountain climbing destination with the height of 5619m. Reported as the highest volcanic mountain in Asia, Damavand gives you a great opportunity to discover Iran from the above.
- Eco-cultural tours: On your way through the south, natural and cultural wonders of Iran are planned to visit at once. Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Shiraz and Yazd are the top cities to explore.
- Hiking in forest of north: Jungles of the north, like Javaher Dasht, Masal, Lar national park and so on is for days of hiking in some gorgeous landscapes, encounter diverse fauna and flora and get in touch with the ethic group of people living in north.