- 1 What’s business visa?
- 2 What’s Iran business visa?
- 3 Iran working visa VS Iran business visa
- 4 How to get Business Visa?
- 5 Business Visa Requirements
- 6 Essential information about business visa
What’s business visa?
Government authorities issue business visas to travelers who intend to conduct business activities and meetings that do not constitute labor or gainful employment in a specific country.
Common activities performed on a business visa:
- Attend meetings
- Business events/conferences
- Investigate business opportunities and ventures
What’s Iran business visa?
Iran business visa or Iran entry visa (Iran visa Type A) is for foreign citizens who have an invitation letter from ministries, governmental organizations, private & public sectors, … for the purpose of negotiating, signing contracts, setting up purchased machineries, ….
Iran working visa VS Iran business visa
Please don’t interrupt the business visa with working visa!
Business visa is for those who wants to attends to an conference, meeting,.. in Iran; while working visa is reserved for those who wants to obtain the permission to work in Iran temporarily.
Who are eligible to apply for working visa
- Skilled workers
- Specialists in the fields of medical, industrial, …
Requirements for working visa
- Obtaining the labor certificate from a sponsor employer in Iran, approved by the labor ministry
- Visa application
How to get Business Visa?
Contrary to tourist visa, private or governmental companies are eligible to get business visa through the official website of foreign affaires of Iran. Iranian companies have to register there and follow the below instructions:
But if anyway, you don’t want to face the hassle of doing the visa procedures, you-as an Iranian travel agency- can ask a travel agency in Iran to do it on your behalf for a few dollars. Amazing Iran which is officially supported by Kourosh seir travel agency has got all the required licenses to do all types of visa services. Contact us for having more discussion on this matter.
Important notice: If you want to travel to Iran for tourist purposes as well as business things, It’s highly recommended to go for tourist one. So, you can ease up the whole process and stay for a longer period in Iran.
Business Visa Requirements
For business visa, both parts -business traveler and the hosting company- have to provide some documents and announce them to the ministry of foreign affaires of Iran as below:
Requirements for business traveler:
- Physical passport with six months validity before trip initiation and one blank visa page
- Three passport-type photos (Women above the age of eight should wear Hijab in their pictures)
- Iran Visa stamp fee and Visa service fee
- Business visa application form
Note: The information you need to put into your online Iran visa application form include your First Name, Last Name, Father Name, Gender, Nationality, Date of Arrival, and Date of Departure, Your Contact Info, and Passport Info.
Requirements for the Hosting Company:
- The registered name of the host Company (Must be registered in Iran Company Registration General Office)
- Registration Number of the host company
- The Subject of the invitation
- Address and contact number of the host company
- Address and contact number of the manager’s home
- Scan the official journal or newspaper of the host company
- A scan of Host Company invitation letter with official letterhead, seal and signature
- A scan of the birth certificate of the host company manager
Essential information about business visa
- Not possible to get your visa on arrival. You have to visit one of the Iran embassies near your place.
- Your business visa is valid for 14 days not 30 days. The extension is possible up to 30 days.
- The Business visa of Iran is due to Single Entry to Iran
- If you are in hurry, you can ask for “Urgent business visa” which takes about 4 working day to obtain. If not, the standard procedure takes 7 to 10 days to get finished.
Business Visa Requirements for Canadian Passport Holders
Not much can be said about the business visa requirements for Canadian Passport Holders except the fact that due to grim political relationships between the two countries, sometimes Canadian passport holders go through a more challenging process to get their Iran business visa with a chance of not being accepted. Don’t forget that this visa is only valid for 14 days, and also you can travel to Iran free trade zones without the need to get a permit. During your visa-free time in these zones, you can engage in import-export activities. One of the past popular destinations to business in would be Kish, a precious jewel island in the Persian Gulf.
Canadian citizens on a business trip to Iran should:
- Hold a passport with no Israeli stamps
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
- Hold proof of sufficient funds
- Hold proof of onward/return flights
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
Business Visa Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
Passport, photos, and other essential paperwork asked for when applying for an Iran business visa is written in the below for our fellow Indian passport holders.
- It must be original and genuine.
- It must be valid for 6 months ahead of the span of stay.
- It must have a minimum of two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- It must not be torn, ripped, split, or damaged in any kind of way.
- It must cover face 80% of the frame.
- It must be of proper size with dimensions of 35×45 mm (length – 45mm, breadth – 35mm).
- Two copies to be submitted with general photo guidelines.
- It must be clicked on an all-white background.
- It must have a matte finish.
- It must be a recent photograph.
- The expressions on the face must be neutral, there must not be any kind of smiling of frowning in the photograph.
- Any kind of glasses must not be worn in the photograph.
- The hair must be tied back so that the face is clearly visible.
- The ears must be visible clearly.
- It must not have any headgear worn apart from religious reasons.
- It is to be taken care of that your teeth do not show in the photograph.
The medical documents must be genuine and should match the criteria mentioned in the following:
- They must be original and issued from a legitimate medical organization.
Invitational Letter From The Host Company:
The letter of invitation from the company submitted should match the following criteria
- It must be obtained on the company’s letterhead.
- It must be obtained from the company based in Iran through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran in a 3-page letter, along with Performa of the invite (form no.136).
- It must contain the signature of the authority along with the designation, name of the company, and the stamp.
- It must mention the contact details, the purpose of travel, sponsorship details and other important
- It must be addressed to the respective diplomatic mission.